VEGETABLE RICE PULAO MASALA SPICE
A combination of exotic herbs and spices, which have been roasted and blended to bring out the flavour of pulao.
(Recipe on the back)
No preservatives or additives such as food colouring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free.100% pure.
Ingredients: Bay leaves, Caraway, Cardamom, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Fenugreek, Garlic, Ginger, Mace, Nutmeg and Star anise.
RECIPE OF VEGETABLE PULAO
500g Basmati rice, 1 Potato cubed, 1 Medium onion cubed, ¾ Cup peas, Any vegetables (Beans, Carrots, Cauliflower, Mushroom, Spinach etc), 1 ½ tsp Leena Pulao Masala, 1 ½ tsp Lemon juice, 2 Tbsp cooking oil, 1 ½ Cup water, 2tsp Butter (optional), Salt to taste.
1) Chop vegetables and keep aside.
2) Rinse rice with water and soak for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes drain water and keep the rice aside.
3) Heat oil in the saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes until light brown.
4) Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add rest of vegetables and mix well.
5) Add salt and 1 ½ tsp Leena Pulao Masala. Stir well and cook for 1 minute.
6) Add lemon juice and stir.
7) Add drained rice and stir for few seconds.
8) Add water. Bring to boil. Cover and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
9) Garnish with butter, nuts and coriander. Serve with raita or salad. You can also use Paneer, Meat or Chicken.
What a lovely spice mix. I made the Vegetable Pulao recipe on the back of the packet last night. It was far better than I expected. The spices blend together, and unlike most commercial spice mixes, no one flavour dominates. The result is an aromatic, warm balanced dish with many satisfying flavours. Healthy too. Thank you Leena for another great spice mix.