Making The Perfect Jerk Seasoning Brisket
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is a glorious mix of spices and herbs combined for one essential purpose; To make your plate burst with tropical flavours. Some would say this mix is a secret weapon for cooking any meat, vegetables, or seafood and its versatility truly is outstanding.
While jerk seasoning can be used on almost anything, the recipe below will show you how to make the perfect brisket steak. It incorporates Jamaican jerk seasoning into a thick and flavoursome marinade that deeply works its way into your meat. Be warned, once you cook with this seasoning there is no going back. It will transform your cooking forever!
Please note that the capsicum used within this recipe can be any type of capsicum. Serve the final product over rice and if you are feeling fancy then add tropical fruit for a delightful Jamaican meal.
- 1 brisket steak, about 900 grams.
- 1 small red onion (chopped).
- 2 large red capsicums.
- 2 tablespoons of dark rum.
Steps to success
- Place the brisket steak into an enclosed plastic bag.
- Combine the onion, rum, and 2 large capsicums in a food processor or blender.
- Pour the mixture over the steak making sure it is well distributed.
- Add the Lena Spices Jamaican Jerk Seasoning to the bag making sure to cover every part of the meat.
- Seal the bag and leave it in the refrigerator for 3 to 7 hours.
- Preheat the stovetop on medium heat.
- Remove the steak but do not throw away the juices.
- Place the meat onto the stovetop and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on both sides.
- While the steak is cooking, place the remaining juices into a pot and bring to a boil for 2 minutes, consistently stirring.
- Allow it to simmer by reducing the heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the steak is cooked, remove it from heat and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before carving. Slice the meat and top with sauce and diced tropical fruit. The perfect Jamaican jerk seasoning brisket.